"What have you done to us by bringing us to the desert to die... bringing us out of Egypt?"
After God has worked miraculously to save, this is our response? I see my own grumbling and questioning in this: what have you delivered me into? this is not the deliverance I wanted. He brings us into a desert -- dependent on Him, alone with Him, forced to trust Him with our life. He brings us into a desert, full of unknowns and forced to live day by day as He gives us the strength.
The old life begins to look better because it is familiar. That old terrible life of bondage looks better? A quiet trust in Him takes strength, resolve, humility, and patience. This quiet trust hopes in God's promises, "I will take you as my own people and I will be your God." A new, glorious bondage; God binds Himself to us with His promises.
No comments:
Post a Comment