Psalm 52:8-9

But I am like a green olive tree
flourishing in the house of God.
I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever.
I will always thank you for you have done it.
I will wait for your name, for it is good,
in the presence of the godly.
 
✤
I am like a green olive tree; I am green, full of life and bearing fruit. I am flourishing in the house of God. I am planted in his house, to be beautiful for him, to give a bounty of fruit to him. In his house, where he waters and prunes me.

I trust in the steadfast love of God; his unfailing mercies and kindness, his deep, deep love that does not change or falter. I trust forever and ever because his love is forever and ever. I will always thank you; what more can I do? I cannot repay such a love, but I can give thanks forever and ever. You have done it -- done all this. You have planted me in your house to flourish and grow, to be near to you who has loved me.

I will wait for your name; hoping and waiting on you because who could better care for me? Waiting for you and your joyous return. I wait for that day when your name will be praised by all creation and every knee shall bow. What a glorious day, when all shall praise your name, for it is good. Until then, I wait and stand firm in your name, in the presence of the godly, giving thanks and proclaiming your name with the saints on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment