Psalm 62:1-2

My soul waits in silence for God only
from him is my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress
I'll not be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2

My soul waits in silence; there is no grumbling or complaining from my soul, no asking “Why.” My soul waits; I am not believing the lie that hope is gone and that I am overwhelmed. I am still waiting for God to save, waiting for his promises and blessings. My soul waits because I am confident that God has not forgotten. For you only  I wait; I will not be satisfied by other comforts, distractions, or other promises of rescue. Your saving power alone is worth waiting for. Your love alone is worth waiting for.

God only is my rock, salvation, my fortress; I need no other protection than my sure foundation, constant savior, and stronghold. I will trust in no other to provide me a sure haven. I’ll not be shaken, because you will not let me waver; you will keep me standing until the day you call me home. I’ll not be shaken because I know your promises are true; you set the lowly on high and bring those who mourn to safety. (Job 5:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment